Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Bunny and Square Bows

I really wanted to do a fun fancy dinner for Easter. We ended up hosting dinner for my in-laws and it was a lot of fun. I went all out with a tablecloth and cloth napkins. And yes, I folded them into bunnies. There were a couple sources for them but my favorite was a youtube video from better homes and gardens. My napkins didn't press as well as theirs but I think it turned out fine. I just tied a bow around them to hold them in place.

On that note, I also remembered that I recently learned how to correctly tie a bow. Did you even realize there is a correct way to tie a bow?? I recently started being a den leader for cub scouts and I learned that you should tie a square knot bow and then it stays in place better and also looks better. If your bunny ears end up looking cock eyed then its not a square bow. Your shoes also come untied easier. Since I've started tying my shoes correctly I haven't had to double knot them anymore! It also helps keep my kids shoes on better.

I did use this video when I was trying to figure out how to teach the boys. The best thing I can recommend is if you do seem to be tying to cockeyed, then after you make the first "bunny ear" wrap it around the opposite way. I had always been wrapping it counter clockwise but now I try to remember to do it clockwise. It does depend though on how you start the knot.

The really odd part is my Mom ties her shoes the correct way, but I guess I learned backwards...

P.s. my dinner menu was: Spiral Cut Ham, Rosemary Wheat Rolls, Roasted Asparagus, Onions and Potatoes, a salad my In-Laws brought and Frosty Strawberry Squares (I'll post strawberry recipe soon hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment