Friday, March 19, 2010

Pajama Pants


I finally got around to finishing these pajama pants! I started them about 2 months ago and have been procrastinating finishing them. I have to make my own pjs because I have long legs and I want long pjs! I ran into a lot of issues while making them also. That's what I get for my first shot alone. Usually my mom is close by for guidance. I still had to call her a few times!

The first problem was when I cut the fabric. I didn't fold the fabric right so I ended up having two left legs.... that doesn't work well. My mom suggested just having one leg inside out, but I'm too picky about my pjs even though no one sees them.

I went back to the store and of course they didn't have anymore of the original fabric I bought so I scraped the original pattern (similar blue with polka dots) and now have it for possible inventive projects (maybe i'll try and make bean bags with numbers.... hmmm...).

Then I was going along fine until I reached the waistband (I know, so close to the finish line!!). I don't know how I did it but I measured the elastic about 6 inches too big.... who even knows. This wouldn't have been so bad, except I had actually sewn the elastic to the pants instead of threading it through. So my hubby was nice enough to take out the stitches (he kind of likes doing that) and I cut down the elastic and went with threading it through this time. Then I finally hemmed them and they turned out pretty good.

The only other thing is I think I used a bigger size then I really wanted, but it just means the legs are a little baggier then I'm used to. Atleast the waist fits now!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment